About the Taoist Tai Chi Society of Great Britain
The Taoist Tai Chi Society of Great Britain is a branch of the International Taoist Tai Chi Society, a global volunteer organisation with more than 500 locations in over 27 countries. The Society brings together people of different languages and cultures in a world-wide community.
The Taoist Tai Chi Society of Great Britain offers classes in Tai Chi and other internal arts of health taught by the Society’s founder, Master Moy Lin Shin, in locations across the UK. We teach a 108-move Tai Chi set designed to bring mind, body and spirit into balance, providing many health benefits.
Master Moy also founded the Fung Loy Kok Institute of Taoism and the Gei Pang Lok Hup Academy.
The Taoist Tai Chi Society of Great Britain shares the aims and objectives of the International Taoist Tai Chi Society.
– To make Taoist Tai Chi™ arts available to all
– To promote the health-improving qualities of Taoist Tai Chi™ arts
– To promote cultural exchange
– To help others
A Charitable Organisation
The Taoist Tai Chi Society of Great Britain was incorporated as a private limited company in 1989, and registered as a charity in England and Wales in 1996, and in Scotland in 2008. The Society was founded to preserve and promote the Taoist tradition of the dual cultivation of body and mind. In keeping with Master Moy’s vision of compassion and service to others, all instructors are nationally accredited volunteers, and most of the administrative work is done by volunteers.
The Society’s charitable objects in Great Britain are:
– The protection and preservation of good health within the community throughout Great Britain and internationally through the promotion and practice of all levels of Taoist Tai Chi™ arts.
– To advance education and training in Taoist Philosophy, Traditions and Arts as promoted by the Society’s founder Master Moy Lin Shin.