Location: Mono, Ontario
Terms: Full-time (35 hours per week), Permanent
Salary: $51,000.00 Yearly, for 35.00 Hours per week, Dental Benefits, Long term Disability Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Medical Benefits, Pension Plan Benefits
Anticipated start date: January/February 2014
Education: University Degree.
Experience: 10+ years.
Languages: Proficient (word and writing) English.
(Considered a plus but not required: conversational level French, Spanish, German, Dutch)
Programming Languages: HTML, PHP, CSS (basic)
Applications: Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/Fireworks, Axure, WordPress, Google Analytics
About the organization you will be working for
The Fung Loy Kok Institute of Taoism is a religious charitable organization. Fung Loy Kok observes the unified teachings of the three religions of Confucianism, Buddhism and Taoism. Its mission is to deliver all from suffering, both the living and the dead, by pursuing the way of community service, rituals and ceremonies, and the cultivation of body and mind. As taught by Fung Loy Kok, the foundation of this religious practice is established through the Taoist Tai Chi™ arts which include Tai Chi, Lok Hup Ba Fa, Tai Chi Sword and Tai Chi Sabre, and includes community service, meditation, and chanting and ceremonies. We offer programs and classes – led by volunteer instructors – in more than 25 countries around the world to over 40.000 participants.
To support our growing organization and make it’s organization and administration – almost entirely run by volunteers – more efficient, and to meet the growing demand for the use of today’s technology, we need an experienced all-round web designer to design, develop and maintain our web sites and web applications.
Your tasks will include, but are not restricted to:
- Plan, prioritize, coordinate, and conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using various forms of requirements discovery.
- Produce user requirements specifications, user scenarios, flowcharts, detailed (clickable) designs, interaction designs and additional design specifications where needed.
- Monitor web traffic (Google Analytics) and application usage and develop optimization plans.
- Create, monitor and improve online (search engine, social media) advertising ads and campaigns.
- Write & edit necessary copy, both functional and editorial. Assemble content inventories and coordinate translation processes.
- Prepare briefings and other necessary documentation, brief, oversee and coordinate development with third party developers, monitor project scope and ensure quality.
- Write test scenarios, coordinate and execute testing.
- Develop implementation plan, write user manuals, coordinate implementation and execute user training.
- Execute ongoing web maintenance tasks; monitoring and updating site text, images/photography, templates, stylesheets etc on our international and national sites/blog and various social media channels
- Ongoing troubleshooting and support on the sites and web-applications in use, defining improvements and training new users.
The qualified candidate must:
- Demonstrate an understanding of and experience with the Taoist tradition of the Fung Loy Kok Temple.
- Demonstrate a respectful understanding of FLK’s mission, aims and objectives.
- Have the flexibility to work with limited resources and within an atypical (non-western) environment.
- Be capable of working within a volunteer based religious charitable international organization.
- Have extensive experience with website as well as application design
- Possess strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Web-based administrative applications.
- Demonstrate strong project and people management skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Be proficient with design tools such as PhotoShop, Fireworks, Indesign and Axure.
- Be skilled with WordPress Multisite, WordPress plugins and with web editors tools for basic HTML, PHP and CSS Editing.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, presentation and organization skills.
- Be capable to work autonomously
- Have the ability and motivation to see projects through from start to finish.
- Be capable and motivated to work on various levels (design as well as execution) and carry out all tasks considered necessary.
A working knowledge of comparative Chinese Religions and experience with the practice of Taoist Arts is preferred (3 years of study experience). Participation of 3 years or more with the Fung Loy Kok Institute of Taoism or one of it’s member associations is regarded as a plus.
How to apply
Please send in your application by e-mail. Please include a portfolio and a complete resume to your application. Apply for this job only in the manner specified by the employer. Failure to do so may result in your application not being properly considered for the position. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.